Successfully implement this relationship-centered approach to dementia care that builds on the essential elements of friendship—respect, empathy, support, trust, and humor.
For decades the acclaimed Best Friends™ approach has been widely recognized for helping people with Alzheimer’s and other dementias experience meaningful engagement and dignity in all aspects of their lives. In this completely revised and expanded second edition, care partners learn how to apply the core principles of the approach through practical tips and instructive examples of Best Friends in action. An all-new section also provides a roadmap for creating and sustaining a Best Friends program.
Become familiar with:
- The building blocks of the approach, including the Dementia Bill of Rights and the concept of relationship-centered care
- The core tenets of Best Friends: the Life Story, skilled communication, and caregiving Knack
- New approaches to minimizing challenging behaviors and to creating activities that produce true engagement
- How to use Best Friends in a variety of care settings
- Effective ways to involve families and volunteers
- An approach that’s embraced around the world!
Make each day reassuring, enjoyable, and secure for the people in your care with this simple, compassionate approach to dementia care.