If you or someone you love is affected by Alzheimer’s disease or dementia, you know the tremendous toll caregiving can take on your family. A Dignified Life offers you immediate hope and help with a more successful, positive approach to care partnering—an approach that is embraced around the world today.
Presenting the Best Friends™ model of care, A Dignified Life teaches you the “knack” of caregiving, which translates into doing difficult things with ease. You will learn how to work from a person’s strengths and become the trusted companion—the best friend—your loved one needs without sacrificing your own needs. Grounded in the latest research about dementia, this new edition offers a wealth of usable tips and problem-solving advice. Learn how to communicate effectively, redirect in positive ways, and implement many activity ideas to keep your loved one connected and engaged.
A Dignified Life, Revised and Expanded, gives you the support and advice you need to transform your care partner experience, including
- Daily activities for early, middle, and late stages of the disease
- Effective ways to manage challenging behaviors
- Practical suggestions for navigating difficult family relationships
- Latest recommendations about exercise, diet, and social interactions in preventing dementia, supporting brain health, and improving quality of life
- Must-know advice on advance legal and health planning
- Insight into professional caregiving options (in-home, respite care, adult day services, assisted living, nursing homes)
This revised edition offers caregivers and antidote to the burnout and frustration that often accompnaies the role of caring for a person with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Rather than struggling through a series of frustrations and failures, A Dignified Life shows the new generation of caregivers and care partners how to bring dignity, meaning, and peace of mind to the lives of both those who have Alzheimer’s and dementia, and those who care for them.