Caring for someone with Alzheimer’s disease is more stressful than almost any other caregiving role. You may already know firsthand how true this is. With limited treatment options from the medical community, it is truly your care that is the most meaningful treatment for your loved one. Navigating the Alzheimer’s Journey is your best guide to providing that care. Whether the diagnosis is still fresh or you are well into your caregiving journey, the suggestions in this book will smooth your way.
Filled with reassurances and practical advice, Navigating the Alzheimer’s Journey gives you the encouragement and tools you need to manage the daily care of someone with dementia in a caring, compassionate, and supportive way. As a longstanding professional Alzheimer’s specialist and a former caregiver herself, Carol Bowlby Sifton knows exactly what information you need to know, including
- How Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias may affect your loved one
- How to communicate and interact most successfully
- How to manage activities of daily care
- Why challenging behaviors occur and how to respond to them
- How to arrange the environment to support everyday functioning
- How to capitalize on remaining abilities
- When and how to get help
- What plans to make for future care
You will find your most pressing day-to-day needs met in this comprehensive and informative book. Just like a compass, it will keep you confidently pointed in the right direction at each stage of your caregiving journey.