Boxed set contains
• ECAT Manual
• ECAT Cue Card Pack
• ECAT Assessment Forms
• CD-ROM (of reproducible forms and cards)
• light and sound meter
As communication skills decline in people with dementia, a supportive environment becomes crucial to a resident’s ability to express needs and desires. But how do you recognize what physical and social changes will help improve functioning, communication, and quality of life? The Environment & Communication Assessment Toolkit (ECAT) for Dementia Care is your answer!
This evidence-based toolkit includes the tools you need to assess, intervene, and modify on an individualized basis to ensure the quality of life for people with dementia. Use the validated Assessment Forms, and in three easy-to-follow steps you will:
- Assess activity performance with quick yes/no questions
- Evaluate the environment to identify barriers and problems
- Pinpoint individualized recommendations for intervention
And it’s not only person-centered but real-world! ECAT’s developers are researchers and experienced clinicians who have made sure that ECAT:
- Integrates effortlessly into evaluation and treatment sessions
- Helps keep up case load demands with creative solutions
- Satisfies regulatory requirements
- Leads to straightforward functional therapeutic interventions
- Identifies low-cost, person-centered environmental modifications
In field-tests, 97% of professionals using ECAT reported it gave them new treatment options to use with clients with dementia. Discover for yourself the surprisingly simple environmental changes that can improve functional independence and resident well-being—changes such as supporting bathroom independence by increasing the size of sign lettering to identify spaces and using colored tape around a door handle, or encouraging social interaction by rearranging seating areas.
ECAT for Dementia Care has more than 300 specific recommendations for interventions and modifications that will reduce typical problems encountered during routine activities of daily living for people with dementia. With the ECAT’s functionally based assessment and intervention system, you’re equipped with solutions!