Carmen Bowman, MHS was a Colorado state surveyor for nine years, surveying nursing homes, assisted living residences, and adult day programs. She was a policy analyst with CMS where she taught the national CMS Basic Surveyor Training Course. She now works as a contractor to CMS, and co-developed the Artifacts of Culture Change tool. Carmen facilitated the Creating Home national symposium in 2008, which explored the environmental requirements and Culture Change. She is the owner of Edu-Catering: Catering Education for Compliance and Culture Change in long-term care, which provides Culture Change consultation. Carmen is a nationally-recognized expert in Culture Change and is a frequently invited speaker at national industry conferences.
Have a Good Life Media advocates for and focuses on:
- Family Caregivers & Family-Centered Care
- Humanizing Dementia Care
- Culture Change in Long-Term Care
- Creating Appropriate Training and Licensure for Dementia Care in Assisted Living
- Simplified Assistive Technology
- Person-Centered Aging Services & Elder Care