What is the Best Friends™ Approach?
These 13 handouts are free for you to download and will introduce you to the Best Friends™ approach, a highly successful model for dementia care that puts the person first. Adopted world-wide, this easy-to-implement approach is built on the essential elements of friendship—respect, empathy, support, trust, and humor. Use these handouts to learn the foundations of this approach and how effortlessly it can be adopted in your organization. Visit the Best Friends Portal for more information and resources on this approach and its related products and training.
- 21 Ways to Sustain a Best Friends™ Program
- 30 Activities to Do in 30 Seconds or Less
- Best Friends™ Approach to Activities
- Best Friends™ Approach to Communication
- Best Friends™ Approach to Family Interactions
- Best Friends™ Environment
- Building Blocks of the Best Friends™ Approach
- Dementia Bill of Rights
- Elements of Friendship
- Elements of Knack
- Moving the Needle
- Old Idea vs. New Idea Programs
- Recipe for the Life Story