From the authors of the award-winning Meeting the Leadership Challenge in Long-Term Care, this book provides a blueprint for success in today’s performance-based healthcare system. It presents a tested approach to delivering optimal care to each resident using a proven, coordinated bundle of key practices that include:
- Leadership that brings out the best in staff
- A communication infrastructure to support teamwork throughout an organization
- A high-involvement performance improvement process that delivers quality person-centered care and prevents avoidable declines
This practical resource takes long-term care leaders through the critical steps to achieve staff stability, strengthen coordination of care, and maintain the highest practicable well-being for each resident. It demonstrates how engaging staff in continuous quality improvement produces consistently high-quality care.
Whether care communities are excelling or struggling, leaders can benefit from these performance-improving practices. Filled with candid, impactful personal accounts about implementing quality improvement in nursing homes, A Long-Term Care Leader’s Guide reveals precisely how leaders and their staff can do better, together.
Accompanying downloadable, how-to guides include:
- Three Steps to Transforming the Medication Pass: Individualizing Care and Managing Workflow
- Rethinking the Use of Position-Change Alarms
- Eliminating Off-Label Use of Antipsychotics: A 10-Step Guide for Nursing Homes
- MUSIC & MEMORY℠: Implementation Steps to Maximize Benefits: A Nursing Home Leader’s Guide
- Communication Infrastructure Self-Assessment