Exit alarms can be a valuable tool in preventing falls. Designed to monitor movement in older adults that need assistance, they alert staff to potentially hazardous situations and allow for timely interventions with older adults at risk for falling. Teach staff about the procedures for using a variety of exit alarms, including pressure-sensitive pads, pull cords, and postural change alarms.
Based on the work of experienced falls specialist Rein Tideiksaar, this comprehensive CD-ROM includes:
- a PowerPoint presentation for staff training
- fall prevention program guidelines
- exit alarm use guidelines
- a product comparison chart
- exit alarm purchasing tips
- patient consent forms
- an educational handout for staff and families
- and more
All forms and guidelines are included in printable PDF format.