Bed safety is a critical component of an effective falls management program—30% to 50% of all falls occur in the bedroom. This CD-ROM will assist in training staff to understand the fall risks associated with beds and bed transfers and to effectively use strategies for increasing bed safety.
Based on the work of experienced falls specialist Rein Tideiksaar, this comprehensive CD-ROM includes:
- a PowerPoint presentation for staff training
- fall prevention program guidelines
- a bed safety checklist
- bed safety protocols
- guidelines for the use of bed side rails
- information on purchasing and using bed alarms
- patient consent forms
- an educational handout for staff and families
- and more
All forms and guidelines are included in printable PDF format.