Improve your facility’s dining program with this hands-on seminar that recognizes the significance and meaning of mealtimes. Based on the expertise of a long-term care therapist, this seminar will help all staff members appreciate the impact they have on the dining experience.
In the session for direct care staff, participants will:
- explore the meaning of meals within their own lives
- discuss the importance of mealtimes in preserving an individual’s dignity, autonomy, health, and quality of life
- recognize the impact that each staff member exerts on residents’ mealtime experience
- identify components of mealtimes that individual caregivers can control
- examine the importance of effective communication and how it contributes to mealtimes
- learn facilitating and feeding techniques that preserve the individual’s pleasure, dignity and autonomy and enhance the caregiving experience.
In addition, administrators will learn to:
- appreciate the significance of meals to residents, staff, and the facility
- develop or refine a comprehensive dining program
- link the dining program with overall quality of care.