The Best Friends™ Approach Institute is a 2-day training to become a Certified Master Trainer in the Best Friends™ Approach to Alzheimer’s Care. Conducted by world-renowned authors and expert leaders—Virginia Bell, David Troxel, and Tonya Cox—this training is rooted in the foundations of the Best Friends™ approach.
Best Friends™ uses respect, empathy, support, trust, and humor as the building blocks of this evidence-based approach to Alzheimer’s care. Caregivers around the world agree that this uplifting method brings meaningful change to individuals with dementia and for their families and the staff caring for them. Endorsed by experts in Alzheimer’s care, described in journals in the field, and used by prestigious corporations, programs adopting Best Friends™ know they are introducing high-quality service. Become certified as a Master Trainer for your program and create a culture-changing community of Best Friends™ care!
Click here to visit the Best Friends Institute home page.
Master Trainer Certification Details
Master Trainer certification is conferred on professionals who successfully complete their training at the Best Friends™ Approach Institute. By attending the institute you will:
- Complete training with the Best Friends™ Expert Leaders
- Receive a copy of the Best Friends™ training materials (print)
- Receive a Best Friends™ USB packed with hundreds of PowerPoint slides, handouts, and more!
- Receive a login to the Best Friends Portal where you can access downloadable materials
- Study with like-minded colleagues in a professional learning environment
- Leave with exercises and games for staff education, easily implementable training techniques, tip for staff retention, and creative resources to distinguish your memory care program
- Take home your choice of a Best Friends™ book autographed for you by the Expert Leaders
- Receive discounts on Best Friends™ products and other special offers throughout the year
- Gain access to web-based updates and other information about Best Friends™ from the Expert Leaders and HPP
- Receive your 2-year certification (thereafter renewable annually) as a Best Friends™ Master Trainer!
Privileges of Master Trainer achievement include:
- A license for the trainer, with personal certificate, to train as a Master Trainer for his/her employer
- A license for the employing organization to use the Best Friends™ name, logo, and other materials
- The designation of Best Friends™ Environment for the employing organization
- The knowledge to train staff, including concentrated training in adult learning principles and the core tenets of the Best Friends philosophy
- The option for eligible Master Trainers (e.g., those who are self-employed) to qualify to conduct income-generating introductory trainings on the Best Friends™ model. Contact email@example.com for more information