This seminar teaches participants effective ways to prevent, reduce, eliminate, and cope with many of the common behavior problems exhibited by long-term care residents. Dr. Long explains an upbeat, person-centered approach that focuses on encouraging positive behaviors, utilizing teamwork, and finding solutions to behavior problems.
Participants will learn to
- understand why long-term care residents do what they do
- encourage positive behavior among residents
- find solutions to difficult behavior
- cope with caregiver stress
- overcome obstacles to using effective interventions
- create treatment plans to address problem behaviors